Apr 28, 2015
STC Partners with Oracle to Drive its Technological Transformation
Saudi Telecom Company (STC), announced today that it has signed a purchase agreement with Oracle, the leading American multinational computer technology corporation, to acquire a variety of systems, software, and cloud and support services.
“As the Kingdom’s largest and leading telecommunications operator, we are conscious of the need to respond quickly to our customers’ needs, and to bring to market new competitive offerings,” said Eng. Nasser al Nasser, STC’s Senior Vice President – Technology and Operation. “With Oracle we will achieve tight integration of our back-end systems, more powerful systems to support faster transaction times, greater agility for innovation, and savings on running our core IT systems.”
STC’s purchase includes Oracle’s Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS), Hyperion financial planning suite, data management appliances Exadata. STC aims to remain at the forefront of the competitive telecommunication industry through regularly updating its work systems and technical infrastructure, along with pioneering innovative telecommunication solutions. The telecom giant maintains a close relationship with prominent technology companies worldwide, and frequently collaborates with them on a range of mutually beneficial opportunities.
“The solution set chosen by STC matches Oracle’s aim to give customers the best possible engineering coupled with smooth installation, efficient support, and the flexibility and scalability to allow for future growth,” concluded Abdulrahman El Thehaiban, Oracle Vice President, Middle East and Africa.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies
- STC wins the Speed test Award for SAUDI ARABIA'S FASTEST MOBILE internet for the second time
- STC Receives Brand Finance Award As the Most Valuable Brand in the Middle East
- STC announces cooperation agreements with its major international partners and suppliers to build future expertise and transfer state-of-the-art knowledge to Saudi young graduates.
- CITC Governor: STC is the Ideal Saudi ICT Representative in International Forums