Oct 09, 2016
STC showcasing latest innovative solutions at GITEX 2016
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) will be unveiling a variety of advanced information communication technology (ICT) solutions during its participation at GITEX 2016, in Dubai between 16 to 20 of October. STC Business, the national operator’s enterprise business unit, will be showcasing the latest state of the art mission critical communication solutions, cloud-based services, IoT and managed services, as well as its small to medium enterprise (SME) focused retail in a box concept at its booth inside Zabeel Hall (Z-G45). Furthermore, STC is also expected to reveal more details about its partnership with ELM, under the patronage of the National Information Center, for the provision of cloud computing services to government agencies so as to enable Vision 2030. “For us, GITEX is about seeing our customers from inside and outside the Kingdom, hearing out their ambitions and plans for the year ahead, and showing them what new solutions we have to address those ambitions and plans,” said Dr. Tarig M. Enaya, STC Senior Vice President of Enterprise. Driving STC is Vision 2030, the Kingdom’s blueprint for transformation of the Saudi economy for the coming decade. For STC, this means it is focused on digitization as enabling force for bringing more public and private sector services online. STC Business, the national operator’s enterprise focused business unit, delivers ICT solutions and services tailored towards the needs and requirements of government agencies and enterprises of all sizes through a series of the largest data centers in the Kingdom and a variety of digital, managed and cloud services. Tying these data centers together is a 147,000 kilometer long fiber optic network, augmented by a mobile network covering 96% of populated areas with 2G and 3G mobile services and 85% of populated areas enjoying 4G LTE coverage. Connecting these national networks to the globe are a series of cross-border overland and submarine cables feeding the Kingdom with 1.5 terabits/second of Internet bandwidth and passing through over 12 petabytes of traffic a day. Also, STC will be sharing developments from its participation at GITEX 2016 on gitex.stc.com.sa.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies
- STC wins the Speed test Award for SAUDI ARABIA'S FASTEST MOBILE internet for the second time
- STC Receives Brand Finance Award As the Most Valuable Brand in the Middle East
- STC announces cooperation agreements with its major international partners and suppliers to build future expertise and transfer state-of-the-art knowledge to Saudi young graduates.