Oct 21, 2015
STC, Microsoft ink umbrella cloud agreement
Saudi Telecom signed an agreement on the sidelines of its GITEX 2015 participation with Microsoft for cooperation in a variety of fields.
According to the terms of the agreement, STC and Microsoft will cooperate on providing individuals and businesses in the Kingdom with elastic computing and cloud based software services and solutions across three key areas: infrastructure services, productivity suites and cloud services. Moreover, both companies will work on creating an enabling eco-system for software developers in Saudi Arabia and the region.
Tarig M. Enaya, Senior Vice President of STC Business said, “One of our strategies at STC Business is to build partnerships and alliances with large specialized global players within the information technology sector so as to enrich what we offer in a manner that increases the chances of success for our customers. Our signing with Microsoft today is part of that strategy to leverage the Microsoft experience with information technology and cloud.”
Ali Al Farmawi, Vice President of Microsoft, Middle East and Africa said, “STC and Microsoft can build on the synergies that the two companies have. Among the most important of these synergies is the commitment to national projects that have the potential to enable communities. For us, this means focusing on the cloud and creating eco systems that encourage more and more to innovate.”
Microsoft is the leading platform and productivity company for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, and has as its mission empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more as its established mission.
STC Business delivers on the needs and requirements of customers from the government, large corporation, small to medium enterprise, and small office and home office segments. Basing its operations on best practices and partnerships with the biggest global information communication and technology (ICT) industry players for a differentiated customer experience, STC Business is the first choice for customers when it comes to robust, secure and efficient solutions and services provided in an optimized, redundant and connected manner. As a leader in the ICT industry, STC Business provides IP-VPN, managed services, cloud computing and hosting solutions and services utilizing unmatchable infrastructure, operated out of the largest data centers located in major cities, and interconnected all over the Kingdom through a fiber optic network.
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies