Mar 14, 2017
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies
Saudi Telecom Company (STC), a leading global telecom operator, Oberthur Technologies (OT), a leading global provider of embedded security software products and services, and Huawei, a leading global ICT solutions provider, have teamed up to be a pioneer in the introduction of remote subscription management solutions and develop new opportunities around eSIM technology. In this regard, STC is proud to announce that eSIM trial has been conducted successfully using GSMA compliant subscription management platform from OT and Huawei smartwatch. The eSIM technology allows users to order, install, and activate profiles over the air in a seamless, secure, and convenient way. It also brings additional advantage for smartwatch users as it enable them to make calls directly from the smartwatch even if the mobile phone is offline. OT’s solution is compliant with the GSMA roadmap and has exceptional pioneering tier 1 references in Europe and across the globe. OT offers end-to-end solution to securely and remotely change and manage subscriptions, with minimum impact on MNOs systems and infrastructures. Nasser Al-Nasser, Senior Vice President, Technology and Operations, STC, said: “We are delighted about our collaboration with OT and Huawei to pave the way for the new wave of connected M2M and Consumers’ devices. We think that OT’s subscription management solutions and Huawei smartwatches will accelerate the introduction of eSIM technology and open new business opportunities”. Pierre Barrial, Managing Director of the Mobile Network Operators business at OT, said: “OT is thrilled to have been selected by the largest ICT services provider in the MENA Region, and to continue its collaboration with Huawei. OT’s role is to offer the most efficient and most secure technologies possible, capable of responding to the needs of OEMs, MNOs and consumers. OT is proud to demonstrate the 1st subscription management reference in the MENA Region together with STC and Huawei”.
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies