Mar 16, 2015
STC CHOOSES ERICSSON FOR ITS IP NETWORK EXPANSION
- Saudi Telecom (STC) to implement Ericsson’s Evolved IP Network solution
- The Solution is based on Ericsson’s Evolved IP network and includes Smart Services Router SSR 8000, MINI-LINK microwave transmission and attendant services
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has chosen Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) to provide an evolved IP Network solution as it seeks to expand and improve its mobile broadband offering in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
To deal with the fast-growing demand for mobile broadband in Saudi Arabia, Ericsson will deploy its Evolved IP network:Smart Services Routers (SSR),MINI-LINK microwave transmission links using MINI-LINK PT 6020 for E-band and MINI-LINK PT and TN for traditional frequency bands. The deal also includes associated software and services. The result will be a high-capacity, future-proof mobile transport network that enables STC to meet the stringent requirements of next-generation mobile networks that also offers opportunities to generate new revenues while keeping operational expenses low.
STC have chosen to implement MINI-LINK nodes,, which is optimized for native Ethernet transport to cater for their need for a Carrier Grade packet network with low latency. The Ericsson MINI-LINK is the world’s most widely deployed microwave system will also fully support STC network evolution towards All-IP networks. Abdullah Alzmame, Network VP at STC said “Demand for mobile broadband is growing at a dramatic rate. Expanding our mobile broadband network, in conjunction with Ericsson, will enable STC to offer better, faster and more reliable services to all our subscribers. It ultimately means that while we focus on serving our customer’s needs, we also have one eye on the future technological developments to take advantage of the opportunities they present to us and to our customers.” Ali Eid, President Ericsson Saudi Arabia: “We have combined our strong partnership with STC with our deep understanding of mobile broadband to create a compelling case for STC to choose this solution for their mobile network expansion. With the roll-out having begun, STC’s subscribers all over the kingdom will soon enjoy increased network capacity and reliability.”
- STC Announces the successful conduct of a 5G test, reaching a phenominal speed of 70 Gega bit per second
- Strategic Alliance Between STC and GE in Industrial Internet Technologies
- STC showcasing latest innovative solutions at GITEX 2016
- STC Solutions Ranks 1st in IT Services provision market
- STC achieved the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for the Largest human image of a country/continent