Sep 13, 2015
Special Offer from STC to Sawa Ziyara Customers
The Saudi Telecom Company (STC) has extended a free offer to Umra visitors and pilgrims who use the Sawa Ziyara SIM cards. The offer gives Sawa Ziyara users the chance to make unlimited international phone calls for one day.
The initiative from STC gives pilgrims the chance to contact their loved ones and make unlimited international calls for free irrespective of call duration or the pilgrim’s phone credit. The 24-hour offer ends midnight Sunday, 13 September 2015.
Earlier, STC announced the readiness of its network for this year’s Hajj season with 20% additional capacity for its 4G and 3G networks in Makkah and Madinah as well as Mesha’er. The increase allows for smoother data traffic on smart devices.
STC also supported a number of technical solutions aimed at ensuring faster data and voice traffic especially around heavy traffic areas in the vicinities of the two Holy Mosques and Mesha’er.
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies