Aug 30, 2017
206% Increase of STC WIFI Spots in Makkah and Holy Sites
STC increased its coverage in Makkah and Holy Sites through latest technologies. The coverage included tunnels, bridges, and number of public utilities in “Mina” which will receive pilgrims starting from tonight to start their Tarwiah day. STC is facing the increasing demand for mobile data by increasing WIFI spots around Makkah and Madinah 206% comparing to last year. This will enable a high speed data flow to pilgrims and the workforces of all sectors who work on their service. STC is dedicating all its technical and human capabilities to serve pilgrims since their entry to the kingdom. It is also, keen in enhancing its network with high capacities to reach world countries. In this regard, the 4G network was increased in Makkah, Madinah, and Holy Sites.
- STC’s Net Income for Q1 2018 increased by 2.1% compared to the comparable quarter last year, and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter.
- STC announces collaboration with Nokia for a 5G network Launch in 2018
- LTE ADVANCED AND NB-IOT DRIVE STC 4G EXPANSION IN SAUDI ARABIA
- STC Enters into a New Chapter of Collaboration by Signing 5G MoU Agreement with Huawei
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) and Cisco Sign Strategic MoU to Bring the Benefits of 5G to Saudi Arabia