Feb 25, 2016
Improving the collaboration between STC and Orange
Saudi Telecom Company “STC” signed an agreement with the French Telecom Company “Orange” with the purpose of reinforcing and strengthening the work relations between them as well as improving their collaboration in various areas of the Saudi market as they relate to products, digital services, business activities and skills development. The agreement was signed at the Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona between Dr. Khaled Hussain Al Biyari, STC Group CEO, and Mr. Marc Rennard, Deputy CEO, Orange Group.
The purpose of this agreement is to exchange experiences as well as the best improved practices regarding technology and marketing to enable the development of innovative products in various fields with the intention of enhancing services for different types of customers, whether they are individuals or corporations, that aim at providing support and at developing the ability of both groups to conduct business in various domains. This type of partnership with one of the largest Telecom companies in the world, stems from the Saudi Telecom group’s intention to adopt several strategic partnerships with the most well-known telecommunications and data technology firms, to meet its customers’ expectations, and to improve quality as well as the work level remaining consistent with the company’s strategic orientations, as well as contribute to supporting the national economy.
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies