Mar 02, 2017
CITC Governor: STC is the Ideal Saudi ICT Representative in International Forums
H.E. Governor of the Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC), Dr. Abdulaziz S. Al-Rwais, visited on 27 March, 2017 the exhibit of STC Group currently participating in Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona. During the visit, Dr. Al-Rwais met with STC’s officials and discussed the latest global ICT developments. He also visited all different sections of the exhibit and was briefed on the importance and nature of STC’s participation in this global gathering. “I am pleased to be here in STC’s exhibit in this significant and advanced conference. STS is unequivocally the ideal Saudi ICT representative in international forums,” Dr. Al-Rwais said in his press statement after the visit. He added: “This participation demonstrates the presence and advancement of our national ICT sector as well as its elevation to advanced country levels. We are proud of this participation and the qualified Saudis who are representing us here. STC has featured our technological, advanced capabilities and we consider it an asset for the promising future of digital telecommunications.” With respect to the ICT’s role in Vision 2030, Dr. Al-Rwais said: “This important Vision encompasses vital initiatives for this era. The most important of which is the broadband initiative, which will make an unprecedented step in meeting the needs of the society and government entities. Without broadband and embracing digital transformation, we will not be able to keep abreast with the ICT developments and bring about e-Helath and smart cities. The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology and CITC are working relentlessly to carry out this initiative, and phase one of the wireless broadband project has already begun and expected to be unveiled in two weeks.”
- Governor of Qassim: STC is our strategic partner in implementing our new technical initiative
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.