Jan 11, 2018
Establishment of an international Advisory Board to STC’s Board of Directors
The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Saudi Telecom Company, Dr. Abdullah Al-Abdalqader, has announced the establishment of an external Advisory Board with the objective of enhancing and complementing the expertise of STC’s Chairman and its Board of Directors.
The Advisory Board is composed of senior executives across several industry sectors with significant experience and wide industry networks to support the execution of STC’s ambitious DARE strategy that will see the company double in size and transform into a leading digital player. The members of STC’s Advisory Board include:
- Christopher Rogers: co-founder of Nextel Communications and formerly SVP of M&A and investments at Sprint, Chris is currently a partner at Lumia Capital, an expansion-stage tech VC focused on emerging markets
- Roy Chestnutt: Executive VP Corporate Strategy for Verizon, Board member of GSMA and Chairman of Chief Strategy Officers Group, GSMA, Roy is responsible for development and implementation of Verizon's overall corporate strategy, including business development, joint ventures, strategic investments, acquisitions and divestitures
- Matt Klainer: Senior Director, Communications Products Global Partnerships at Google, Matt leads partnerships for Google's communications products, including RCS/Android Messages, Allo, Duo, Project Fi and emerging technologies like eSim
- Rolando Balsinde, Director Emeritus McKinsey &Company. Rolando is currently based in Hong Kong
- STC’s Net Income for Q1 2018 increased by 2.1% compared to the comparable quarter last year, and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter.
- STC announces collaboration with Nokia for a 5G network Launch in 2018
- LTE ADVANCED AND NB-IOT DRIVE STC 4G EXPANSION IN SAUDI ARABIA
- STC Enters into a New Chapter of Collaboration by Signing 5G MoU Agreement with Huawei
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) and Cisco Sign Strategic MoU to Bring the Benefits of 5G to Saudi Arabia