Aug 29, 2017
Alnasser : 92% of Makkah`s Network is Supported by FTTH
Nasser S. Alnasser, Acting STC Group CEO, emphasized that hajj season this year coincide with transforming 92% of copper Network in Makkah to FTTH. This 92% of Makkah`s Network is Supported by FTTH. This will contribute in increasing the movement of Data and Information transmission with high speed and large capacities. This came after executing 163 km of civil works, and 173 km of Fiber works during this year 1438H.
Alnasser stated that FTTH not only would serve pilgrims, but the related entities working in their service, which need high speed and capacity in order to facilitate activities and works. Pilgrims experience with our services is our attention, from the moment they enter the kingdom and holy places until they return back home. Regarding network services, STC allocated 67 mobile vehicles to enhance coverage and capacity in the holy places and pilgrims sorting centers.
- Dr. Biyari Reviews Digitization in an International Conference in Dubai
- A Million and 250 Thousands Users of STC Network on Arafa Day
- Alnasser: 25% increase in International Switches for Hajj
- 206% Increase of STC WIFI Spots in Makkah and Holy Sites
- Alnasser : 92% of Makkah`s Network is Supported by FTTH