Aug 29, 2017
Alnasser : 92% of Makkah`s Network is Supported by FTTH
Nasser S. Alnasser, Acting STC Group CEO, emphasized that hajj season this year coincide with transforming 92% of copper Network in Makkah to FTTH. This 92% of Makkah`s Network is Supported by FTTH. This will contribute in increasing the movement of Data and Information transmission with high speed and large capacities. This came after executing 163 km of civil works, and 173 km of Fiber works during this year 1438H.
Alnasser stated that FTTH not only would serve pilgrims, but the related entities working in their service, which need high speed and capacity in order to facilitate activities and works. Pilgrims experience with our services is our attention, from the moment they enter the kingdom and holy places until they return back home. Regarding network services, STC allocated 67 mobile vehicles to enhance coverage and capacity in the holy places and pilgrims sorting centers.
- STC’s Net Income for Q1 2018 increased by 2.1% compared to the comparable quarter last year, and it distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter.
- STC announces collaboration with Nokia for a 5G network Launch in 2018
- LTE ADVANCED AND NB-IOT DRIVE STC 4G EXPANSION IN SAUDI ARABIA
- STC Enters into a New Chapter of Collaboration by Signing 5G MoU Agreement with Huawei
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) and Cisco Sign Strategic MoU to Bring the Benefits of 5G to Saudi Arabia