Feb 23, 2016
Al Biyari visits the Huawei at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
STC’s CEO, Dr. Khaled Ben Hussain El Biyari, visited Huawei booth at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona where he met with Mr. Ken Hu, Deputy Chairman of the Board, Rotating CEO and other high company Directors. This visit comes as part of the ongoing collaboration between STC and Huawei in the field of telecommunications and data technology.
Recently Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announced that it has successfully demonstrated the latest 4.5G (LTE TDD+) Technologies with Huawei, achieving unprecedented network throughputs. This remarkable achievement will enable STC network to deliver the fastest LTE data rates in the Middle East, Europe and North Africa.
STC was able to achieve this success by using the most optimal spectrum currently available for the 4G-LTE Advanced networks. As such, STC proves its ability to develop and upgrade the network to provide its customer with high, unprecedented speeds that will exceed 1.5 GB, making it the highest 4G-LTE speed in the Middle East.
STC embarked on its journey with the mobile fourth generation “4G-LTE” as soon as the service was launched worldwide. From day one, STC had as its utmost priority to offer the service using LTE technology. STC always had a clear strategy and a specific vision towards 4G-LTE and associated services. It built an innovative and integrated network, pioneering the way ahead for this network domain.
These impressive new achievements will enable STC to provide data services at unprecedented high speeds, providing the fastest internet service in the Middle East. At the same time, STC has been, and still, striving to provide pioneering solutions to meet the customers’ expectations and fulfill their needs. As such, STC commitments remain by addressing a dramatically increasing customer demand for data services and providing advanced high speed solutions for the internet, social media applications, Business services, etc.
- STV being established with $500 million from STC
- As first service provider in the Middle East and North Africa, STC announces the successful trial of innovative 5G technologies
- STC Net Income for the 1st quarter increased 5.4% to reach SR 2.5 billion compared to the same quarter last year, and distributes SR 1 per share dividends for the 1st quarter
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) announces record throughputs in its 4G LTE Network through the successful deployment of Massive MIMO technology, in joint partnership with Huawei.
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) collaborates with Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Huawei to pioneer solutions around eSIM technologies