- What should I do before traveling?
First, you have to make sure that the international roaming service is activated. To activate the service and ensure availability, send 1400 in an SMS to 902.
- How can I be sure that the roaming service is available in the country I’m visiting and know the rates there?
Roaming services and prices are available on the STC website (www.stc.com.sa). You can also contact STC Customer Service on 902 or on 0096614555555 for free while you’re abroad.
- How do I make calls while roaming internationally?
You must add the country code, even if you are calling directly through your contact list.
For example: To call a number in Saudi Arabia from another country, you should dial +966 5XX XX XXXX.
To call a local number within the country that you’re visiting, the local telecom operator connects your call directly.
- How do I receive the bill for incoming and outgoing calls?
When you use your mobile while roaming, the local telecom operator will keep a record of your calls (for settling the charges with STC), then calculate the rates and add them to your bill. Charges will be automatically converted from the currency of the country you were visiting to Saudi Riyals.
Please note that the operator may take a couple of days to transfer your files.
- Is the credit limit applicable during roaming?
The local operating company might delay your calling details for a couple of days. This means that you might exceed your limit while roaming due to the delay in details. It is possible to raise the limit by calling STC Customer Service on 902 or on 0096614555555.
- Does the discount on the Family and Friends service still apply during roaming?
No, it doesn’t apply while roaming. The operator in the country you are visiting calculates calls based on their set rates.
- Do the unlimited QuickNET and TV offers apply while roaming?
The QuickNet unlimited package and TV offers are not valid while roaming. These offers apply only within the STC network, but while roaming the services are priced by the operator in the country you are visiting using STC roaming but according to the rates of the operator mentioned in the company's website. You can subscribe to internet roaming packages by GPRS and benefit from great discounts.
- Do all the SIMs of the Multi-SIM service work while roaming or only the activated SIM?
All SIMs work but you can make and receive calls only through the active SIM. You can activate the other SIMs while roaming the same way you do within the STC network.
- Do all the Easy SIM numbers work while roaming or just the active one?
You must activate the roaming service on the main number. You can then receive calls and messages on all the other numbers but only call using the main number. You can activate the other numbers while roaming the same way you do when using the STC network (this depends on whether the telecom operator supports the activation code). Please note that using the other numbers will be added to the active number’s bill.
- Are Qitaf points accumulated while roaming?
Yes, they are.
- What if I lose the SIM or mobile phone while roaming outside the Kingdom?
If you lose your mobile while you are abroad, contact STC immediately on +96614555555 or email the Customer Service Center at email@example.com
You will receive a new SIM for free wherever you are and within a short period of time.
- How can I get a new PIN number after I enter the wrong PIN?
You can get a new PIN number, known as the PUK1, through the STC “My Services” webpage.
- Are there additional charges for switching between operators while roaming?
No, there aren’t.
- Will I be charged if I call the Customer Service Center 902 or +9661455555 from a postpaid SIM while roaming?
No, you will not be charged.
- Do I lose credit from my prepaid SIM (Sawa) if I call the Customer Service Center 902 or +9661455555 while roaming?
No, you don’t.
- Are there charges for diverting calls while roaming?
Yes, there are.
- If there are two customers with roaming mobiles and one calls the other, is this considered a local call within the country they’re visiting, or is it charged as a call to the Kingdom?
It is charged as a call to the Kingdom.
- What is the best way to make local calls within the visited country while roaming?
Local calls can be made through your mobile without having to enter the country code. You will be charged for the local calling rate as set by the chosen network operator in that country. (For more information on prices, please visit www.stc.com.sa).
- What is the best way to access the Internet while roaming?
You can use the mobile Internet provided by other operators, but keep track of your Internet consumption, because some operators charge very high prices for roaming internet. If you’re a heavy internet user, we advise you to use the locally provided Wi-Fi internet service and pay the service provider directly, or subscribe to any STC internet roaming packages.
- Can I use my 5 free MB while roaming only for BlackBerry services or also for mobile internet?
5 MB are provided for use with the BlackBerry service only, sufficient for BBM (BlackBerry Messenger).
- Are the 5 free MB provided to BlackBerry roamers sufficient?
It depends on your consumption habits. If you’re a heavy user, 5 MB might not be enough, and we suggest that you subscribe to any of STC’s internet roaming packages.
- Are the 10 free MB provided to iPhone roamers sufficient?
It depends on your consumption habits. If you’re a heavy user, 10 MB might not be enough, and we suggest that you subscribe to any of STC’s internet roaming packages.
- What is the best way for iPhone users to cut down on internet charges while roaming?
We recommend subscribing to any of STC’s internet roaming packages.
- If I subscribe to an internet roaming package, will I be charged extra for using internet with an operator that’s not included in the package?
Yes, the basic price will be calculated based on the operator-provided rate, so we recommend that you set your mobile on manual mode to select the included networks only and avoid extra charges.
- If I’m already using the internet and I subscribe to an internet roaming package, will I automatically benefit from the offer and be able to browse the net for free? Does the discount apply from the moment I subscribe?
After subscription, make sure to completely disconnect your Internet and start a new connection. The discount will apply once you get started with your new internet connection upon proper subscription.
- Are there networks that charge you for calls even if the receiving party does not answer?
Yes, there are a few networks that charge you for network usage per minute even if the other party does not answer such as USA networks.
- Are there any suggestions for saving while roaming?
Use the SMS service instead of making calls, since receiving SMSs while roaming is free.
Keep in mind that receiving calls costs less than making them while roaming.